The University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management and MIS Research Center have teamed up with IP3 Inc., the nation's leader in information security education and research, to offer a workshop on IT security on June 8-9, 2010 "Strategy to Reality" is a 2-day technical workshop for corporate IT security directors will be offered at Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
Strategy to Reality-2010
Date: June 8-9, 2010 (Tues-Wed)
Time: 8:00 a.m.- Check in and Continental Breakfast
Seminar Time: 8:30 am to 4:30pm
Place: 2-260R Carlson School of Management
Strategy to Reality – 2010
IP3's continual committment to covering the new 'bleeding' edge of security is where your firm needs to be. If you're not in front of the regulatory trends, you'll be too late. When bad things happen, regulatory controls follow, and there is a lot brewing in Washington. Indeed, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (our major stimulus legislation) dramatically altered electronic medical record security requirements as part of the funding initiative.
Stay tuned! There's lots more to come. Top 7 reasons why you should attend the
nation's leading IT Security Forum 1. The best bargain for 16 CPE credits for professional association members. NASBA certified program. CPE's also recognized by (ISC)2.
2. New content: Technology presented in the context of a case study. Updated Threat Assessments - Impact Analysis - Healthcare and Health IT's changing environment- ARRA's HIT implications - New Technology Deployments- Risk in the corporate environment.
3. Attended by over 6,000 security professionals from coast to coast , IP3's renowned seminar series, "Strategy to Reality", provides the industry's leading security professionals with the most timely, relevant and comprehensive coverage of today's issues.
4. Dissection of current security issues: Google and Aurora......real time coverage of the most segnificant exploits of the century.
5. Keynote Speaker Ken Kousky , CISSP, CISA, CGEIT, and CEO of IP3 (and former president of Wave Technologies - a NASDAQ publicly-traded company). Ken is one of the most engaging, unforgettable, enlightening and informative speakers you will ever encounter. His depth of knowledge, understanding and experience out ranks and out classes most industry experts. His experience is seldom at the mercy of theoretical perspectives. His delivery is thought provoking, eye-opening, inspiring, challenging and down-right fun involvment. You WILL gain from the shared time. For your reference, there is also a short biography about Ken Kousky on our website. Click Here
6. You'll be networking with your regional professional community, gaining critical updates and knowledge while enjoying one of the nation's thought leaders in Information Assurance.
7. Attend a state-of-the science educational seminar ($895 value) where you receive the best coverage of corporate, enterprise and institutional Information Technology Security in the region.
Learning Objectives: at the conclusion of the seminar, you will be able:
- T o investigate and analyze emerging information technologies as they relate to data protection and security.
- To identify c ritical security issues associated with new information technologies, threats, risks and vulnerabilities.
- To evaluate solutions needed to protect your data assets.
- To summarize why and how to implement the security standards necessary to ensure compliance with government, law and regulations.
- To perform and apply best practices in IT risk management
- To integrate information assurance in a life cycle risk management framework
Additional Program Information:
Program Level: Overview Delivery Method: Group-Live / Lecture style No pre-requisites / No advance preparation required. Benefits of Attending - Learn and Earn! G eneral Registration Packages :
Register directly with IP3 Inc.
Only for current MISRC Corporate Members- First 20 to register- Use the registration code UMN20 to receive your complimentary admission to the seminar.
(includes registration, workbook, security tools CD and Certificate of Completion for 16 CPE's.)
(iPod not included)
For current MISRC Members and Associates-Number 21- unlimited discount seating - Use the registration code UMN150 to receive a discount admission to the seminar. (includes registration, workbook, security tools CD and Certificate of Completion for CPE's.)
Discount Price: $150pp (iPod not included)
$545 value courtesy of University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, MIS Research Center.
Upgrade registration package, $695 per person (includes registration, course materials, and choice of an Apple video 80G iPod or 8G iPod Touch. Use Registration code UMN695
We look forward to seeing you there!
For registration questions, please contact Judy at IP3 (989) 771-1007